SURVIVING SUMMER WITH THE POSH GIRLS -- June 16 2018, 0 Comments
1. Have a Craft Day – Kids and adults can both enjoy having a nice craft day in the cool AC. Drag out the art supplies and have everyone make their own artwork to put on the fridge or empty wall.
Make some flag crafts to help decorate for the upcoming 4th of July cookouts. I personally love putting some different candies and chocolates into a decorative jar or container and making a nice tag to tie around it to give as thank yous or just because gifts.
2. Visit a Local Museum or Aquarium – If you want to get out of the house a bit but don’t want to stay in the sun, making a day of visiting a local museum or aquarium can be both entertaining and educational.
The kids can learn something new and admire history at museums, while aquariums have the cool factor that kind of make you feel like you’re spending the day at the beach.
3. Have an Indoor Picnic – Everyone loves getting together for a picnic, but not when you have to feel like you’re roasting in the sun. Move some living room furniture if needed and put a few blankets on the floor to have an indoor picnic.
Grill up some chicken or turkey in a grill pan and have some coleslaw or potato salad or your other favorite picnic eats. Don’t forget the iced tea!
4. Read a Book – Whether it’s reading your kid’s favorite book to them or taking a few minutes to yourself to read and relax, it’s something most of us wish we could enjoy more.
I say a super hot day is the perfect reason to stay inside and catch up on your favorite book. What are you looking forward to reading this summer?
5. Go to the Movies – One of our favorite things to do when the weather isn’t so great and we want to get out of the house is go to the movies. There are so many fabulous options right now. What are some of your favorites?