Coconut - Cream Cheese Sheet Cake January 15 2014
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract ( or 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp coconut extract)
2 1/4 cup cake or all purpose flour
1/4 cup coconut milk ( optional )
This is a single batch, but you may want to double the frosting.
1/4 cup butter,softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, vanilla, and then mix in flour.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack.
5. Frosting -- Beat together butter, cheese, vanilla and add sugar. Mix until well blended.
6. Toast the 1/2 cup coconut. Toast in a lightly sprayed skillet and keep tossing until golden. Or, toast coconut on a baking sheet in the oven, turning frequently to keep from burning.
7. Cut cooled cake into 24 squares and top with frosting and coconut. Best kept refrigerated. Enjoy!