No matter how bad your day, no matter how tired you are at the end of the day, no matter how stressful your job, just seeing your dog can make you forget all your cares and woes. It’s almost a magical experience. Everyone should know the joy of experiencing the unconditional love that comes from a dog. Love is one of the most important emotions, helping us to live and work well together. There is nothing better than walking through the door to see an uncontrollably wagging tail, dropped ears and a nuzzling snout giving you all kinds of doggie kisses. There are many reasons to have a dog in your life, but some of the most important are:
- Dogs teach you to live in the moment. The past is gone. The future is to be determined. The present is the only moment you can control. Live it to the best of your ability. Stick your head out of the window, smell the fresh air and enjoy the wind against your face.
- Dogs never lie. They love us completely without question. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for most humans.
- Dogs always show compassion. They are kind souls full of love. They instantly know when something is wrong and are always the first to come over to try to console and cuddle on you.
- Dogs are always faithful. No matter the circumstances, you can always count on your dog to be a loyal companion. Even when the human doesn’t always deserve it, dogs will love you to the very end.
- Dogs overcome fear with love. We’ve all heard about the stories of an overly aggressive dog who is completely transformed into a kind, gentle dog when put in the right environment. They have the ability to overcome their insecurities and love anyways.
- Dogs love us unconditionally. They don’t hold grudges. They don’t care about your house, clothes or the car you drive. Heck, they don’t even care if you smell bad. They love you no matter what the condition or circumstances.
- Most importantly, dogs always trust their instincts. If my dog doesn’t like you, there’s a chance I might not as well. I trust my dog’s instincts about people. If my dog doesn’t like you and he loves everyone, it’s you. Trust your gut, people. Don’t let mental chatter steer you in the wrong direction.
If we (humans) could learn to be a little more like dogs, the world would be a happier place.